Here at myKIDSdds, we strive to educate and prepare you and your little one with all you’ll need to ensure they have a lifetime of healthy smiles. This is why we agree with the American Association of Orthodontists when they recommend a check-up with an orthodontic specialist no later than age 7. If you’re scratching your head right now, that’s totally normal. Most parents are a little surprised when we suggest an orthodontic evaluation so early on. After all, braces are most commonly associated with teens, sometimes pre-teens, but age 7?!
We understand. At first, it does sound a little young but once you read through the following facts, you may change your mind!
- Orthodontists can spot subtle problems with jaw growth and emerging teeth while some baby teeth are still present.
- While your child’s teeth may appear to be straight, there could be a problem that only an orthodontist can detect.
- Early treatment may prevent more serious problems from developing and may make treatment at a later age shorter and less complicated.
- An early orthodontic check-up may reveal that your child’s bite is fine. Or, the orthodontist may identify a developing problem but recommend monitoring the child’s growth and development, and then if indicated, begin treatment at the appropriate time for the child. In other cases, the orthodontist might find a problem that can benefit from early treatment.
- Early treatment may give your orthodontist the chance to:
- guide jaw growth
- lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- correct harmful oral habits
- improve appearance
- guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- improve the way lips meet
In some cases, the orthodontist will be able to achieve results that may not be possible once the face and jaws have finished growing.
Early Orthodontic Evaluation
We know that through an early orthodontic evaluation, you’ll be giving your child the best opportunity for a healthy, beautiful smile. Because patients differ in both physiological development and treatment needs, the orthodontists at myKIDSdds strive to provide each patient with the most appropriate treatment at the most appropriate time.
Give your child the gift of an amazing smile, schedule your early orthodontic consultation today!
Reach Out To myKIDSdds
At myKIDSdds, our team aspires to be recognized as the premier center for pediatric dentistry and orthodontics in Dallas, Texas by providing the best dental experience and highest quality of care to our patients with integrity, compassion, love and total health in mind. We care for your children as if they were our own.
We are humbled daily by the extraordinarily kind reviews given by the patients we serve. If you’d like to see what patients are saying check us out on Google or Facebook! Or if you would like to schedule your free orthodontic evaluation, give us a call or schedule online today.