Our practice is committed to providing your child with safe, gentle, high-quality dental care. We understand that you or your child may feel anxious about visiting the dentist. We are sensitive to your needs, and it is our goal to make you feel comfortable visiting our practice while providing the best care possible.
Your first visit is all about your child – their comfort, their happiness, and their health.
During your child’s first visit, we will:
- Review the dental and medical history forms
- Take x-rays of the teeth and mouth (if needed and able)
- Clean and polish their teeth, checking for any signs of tooth decay and gingivitis
- Preventative oral hygiene instruction as needed
After their checkup and teeth cleaning are complete, the doctor will meet with you to discuss x-rays, answer any questions you may have and develop an individual treatment plan if follow up visits are needed.
Bring your smile, but also remember to bring these with you to your first appointment:
- Your completed patient information form and caries risk assessment
- Your primary insurance card if you would like us assist you in filing the claim for your reimbursement
Regular checkups are an important part of maintaining a healthy smile!
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry (AAPD) recommends visiting your dentist every six months for regular checkups, routine teeth cleanings, and preventative fluoride application to keep your teeth and gums healthy.
We understand that you have a busy schedule, so when you’re preparing to visit us for the first time, please remember that your appointments can last between 60 and 90 minutes.